Sometimes I ask myself “What social life!??!” and I’m guessing if you’re a caregiver for someone, you’ve asked yourself that same question. The truth is…a social life is really difficult—for us and for our loved one.
We haven’t done research, but in our own life there have been few people to include us as a couple with our son. Besides family, I can probably think of 5 families/situations where we were invited as a whole family in our younger days, or now that our family is grown and gone, just the 3 of us. When someone does include our son in an invitation to us, we are delighted, but there are many more times that the 2 of us are invited and we often must decline the invitation because it’s not always easy to find adult care for our adult child. We’re not sure if people:
- just don’t think about him,
- feel he can be left alone at home,
- or perhaps simply don’t choose to have him join us.
To read the entire post, click over to Key Ministry.
Latest posts by Cindi Ferrini (see all)
- The Bumpy and Unexpected Journey with Special Needs - December 19, 2016
- Oh, to Be THIS Thankful! - November 21, 2016
- FILTERED Thoughts and Words Are a Little Slice of Heaven - October 17, 2016